Six new Flexible Learning Toolboxes (Toolboxes) have been released to support the delivery of the following nationally endorsed training packages.
- Plumbing: Licensed to Plumb 2 extends the Series 12 Licensed to Plumb Toolbox by supporting an additional three units of competency from the Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services (eight units in total). It focuses on core skills and knowledge for licensed plumbers in the mechanical services, sanitary and roofing streams.
- Music: Music Box supports the Certificate II in Music, which includes working with new technologies for producing, performing and distributing music as well as musical industry knowledge.
- Manufacturing: Sustainable Manufacturing supports Certificate II and Certificate III qualifications in the Manufacturing Training Package. It introduces experienced workers to a formal learning environment engaging them in structured sustainability training.
- Electrotechnology: Fresh or Freezing supports selected units from Certificates II, III and IV in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. The Toolbox supplements technical units with theoretical units of competency addressing energy saving strategies and renewable energy concepts.
- Forestry: Timber ‘Plus‘ extends the Series 12 Timber Toolbox, covering a total of nine units of competency from the Forest and Forest Products Industry Training Package. It includes more ‘in-demand’ core units as well as sector-specific units relating to the timber manufactured products sector.
- Asset maintenance: Squeak e-Clean covers four units of competency from the Certificate III in Asset Maintenance (Cleaning Operations). The learning objects relate to the knowledge, skills and activities covered in workplace inductions for the cleaning industry.
These Toolboxes (Series 13) add to a collection of more than 120 Toolboxes across a diverse range of educational and industry areas, helping deliver over 190 qualifications and supporting more than 1,000 units of competency.
- Toolboxes are collections of learning objects, resources and other materials (including teaching guides) developed to support industry training. Full Toolboxes can be purchased through TVET Australia, or you can access and download learning objects from available Toolboxes for free through the Toolbox Repository.
· NB: For assistance with Toolbox implementation and customisation contact Skills Tasmania’s E-Learning Unit on (03) 6233 2140 or firstname.lastname@example.org